A Thermofoil Formulated for Versatility, Durability and Performance
KYDEX® 3D Laminate components are manufactured in a single, seamless cladding operation that eliminates edge banding, T-molding, sharp edges, unsafe corners and delamination problems associated with regular PVC.
An innovation in thermofoiling technology, KYDEX® 3D Lamination is an ideal solution for flat lamination and membrane pressed applications. The foil encapsulates the top and side surfaces of the routed substrates, which gives designers and manufacturers the freedom to incorporate fine design details, including:
- Contoured and undercut edges
- Sharp or rounded corners
- Compound curves
- Undercut edges
- Holes and cutouts
KYDEX® is an acrylic-polyvinyl chloride composite engineered using a combination of acrylic-polyvinyl chloride and polyvinyl chloride components. The acrylic gives KYDEX® rigidity and formability, and the PVC element provides toughness, resilience and luster, making it the superior lamination solution for residential, retail, healthcare and industrial applications.
KYDEX® key features:
- Has an ultra-tough surface which can withstand extreme levels of abuse, giving it superior scratch, cracking and chipping resistance.
- Available in 70 standard integral colours and 3,000+ custom colours to match virtually any styling theme.
- Comes in thicknesses between 0.6mm-1.02mm, which allows for small radius bends, yet has dimensional stability to prevent warping and twisting.
- Produced in 8 different surface textures, including plastics, metallics, granite patterns and wood grains.
- Manufactured in 30 different grades for different applications, including Extreme Durability (XD), Extreme Durability with Antimicrobial Product Protection (XD MB) and Extreme Durability Wood Grain (XDWG).
- Has a hardness factor of 90 on the Rockwell scale which, combined with a textured finish, improves its impact and puncture resilience.
- Can be used for a broad range of applications, including thermoforming, membrane pressing, post forming, brake forming, laminating and miter folding.
- Can be laminated to a wide spectrum of substrates, including wood, MDF, rigid foam, gypsum and metal.
- Has exceptional flame retardancy of V-0 on the UL 94 scale, which means it is self-extinguishing within 10 seconds of the flame being removed.
- Has a very low degree of moisture absorption. It repels dirt, rust and oxidation and is impervious to most chemicals and cleaning solutions.
KYDEX® 3D Lamination delivers long-term performance even in the most demanding and diverse environments, making it the ideal solution for a wide range of applications, including:
- Flat panels and moldings
- Door and drawer facias
- Workstations and tabletops
- Exhibits and displays
- Furniture and fixtures
- Show stands and kiosks
- Displays and brochure racks
- Counters and cabinets
- Pedestals and stands
- Signs and signage housings
- Logo and trademark panels
- Healthcare products, including:
- Nurse stations
- Hospital furnishings
- Medical armoires
- Vehicle interiors, including:
- And more
KYDEX® 3D Lamination by DAGIGA is an extremely durable thermoplastic laminate that can withstand even the most severe abuse. It can be molded on flat surfaces or in three dimensions, inviting endless design and manufacturing possibilities. Our process eliminates problems associated with traditional laminates and delivers a seamless surface finish that is ideal for residential, retail, healthcare and industrial panels, doors and components.
Our engineers have over 15 years of experience and are KYDEX® experts. We can help you design and produce any custom order to ensure the right solution for your next project. Less than 1 in 10,000 of our components is returned due to manufacturer defect, and every product that leaves our facility comes with a 5-year warranty.
Learn more about our KYDEX® offering.